Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all tasks involved with establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information and managing staff.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages a team of A/P, A/R, and payroll accountants, providing on-going training, guidance and performance management.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepares and completes action plans; implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolves problems, completes audits and identifies trends.
- Develops a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defines bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforces adherence to requirements; files reports; advises management on needed actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinates the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; prepares special reports as needed.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting
- 5 years plus of related accounting experience including 2+ years supervising the work of others
- Must possess excellent knowledge of A/P, A/R, and payroll processes and guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Common sense judgment to handle day-to-day issues and common sense judgment to know when something is not of the day-to-day events
- Knowledge of Peachtree and Sage100ERP
- Must be highly organized, superior attention to details and able to multi-task in a very fast paced environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a leader