Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The Senior Systems and Network Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture in Windows environment, as well as overall support of the IT infrastructure and integration with the Software Engineering Department. This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforcing the network security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations. This will require a broad knowledge of enterprise and cloud based computing and general networking competencies. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Systems Engineering and Infrastructure:
- Define system requirements; map, design, document, test and implement system engineering solutions.
- Provide daily operations support and maintenance for Windows and related information technology assets - Technical support and administration of core infrastructure systems including but not limited to: Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems; Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, IIS, DNS, DHCP and Clustering.
- Directly supports and configures virtualization infrastructure - Hyper-V and VMware ESXi.
- Provides hands on support and configuration for EMC VNX storage systems.
- Develops, documents, and prepares drawings, procedures, processes and other related documentation for all Infrastructure environments.
- Configuration and support of SANs - EMC XtremeIO and VNX 5300.
- Responsible for the unifi and ruckus wireless infrastructure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides direct support for network infrastructure including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and access servers.
- Have expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPNs, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Familiar with brocade switches.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Provides input and helps to implement/enforce network and security policies.
- Ensures anti-virus management and security systems are updated and operating properly.
- Develop and document standardized troubleshooting techniques used to analyze system incidents.
- Secures network systems by establishing and enforcing policies to monitor access.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems - Should be able to create, configure and manage different Firewall settings in the SonicWALL.
- Monitor and analyze network/system logs for security and performance issues with tools such as GreyLogs, Nagios, Munities, Zabbix, Cacti.
- Disaster Recovery:
- Provides disaster recovery protection to critical data by ensuring backup programs are properly configured, administered and maintained.
- Maintain proper configuration and use of Data Domain, Amazon Cloud Backup, Tape library, LTO drive & Backup software – develop and test recovery processes.
- Technical Leadership:
- Serves as a technical expert – Lead and train other team members of the IT department,
- Perform Root Cause analysis of operating system, application, and hardware issues. Document findings in a clear and understandable manner with cause / effect / result / prevent perspectives.
- Communicate effectively with upper management on routine and emergency situations, including providing weekly infrastructure updates, recommendations and solutions for issues as they develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Systems Engineering or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Windows server 2003/2008 R2/2012/2016, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
- 3+ years of experience with server virtualization- VMWare ESXi and HyperV.
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented, conscientious of time commitments and management’s requests.
- CCNA and/or MCSE/MCSA certifications required.
- Experience performing Network penetration testing to secure corporate networks.
- Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, UniFi and IP utilities.in a Cisco UCS and Brocade environment.
- Experience in diagnosing network and service issues, following them through to resolution.
- Extensive technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, etc).
- Knowledge of public and private cloud services including AWS, Azure, Rackspace.
- Experience with SAN devices, NAS and load-balancing using F5/BigIP.
- Experienced in Data Center Environments and Co-location.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Anti-virus protection, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Mitel/Shoretel Phone System knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.