Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The Systems Administrator applicant will work as a member of the IT team providing Windows, Active Directory and some light Linux support.The applicant is expected to have a broad background in AD and Microsoft 2003-2012 R2 operating systems.To be successful, an applicant should have in-depth experience with DFS; DFS-R; advanced file server permissions, delegation, and rights management; Group Policy; advanced OU management; and scripting (VBScript and / or PowerShell).Exchange 2010 and above experience is mandatory.Experience with Hyper-V, VMware ESXi, virtualization analysis, and consolidation activities are a plus.Experience with EMC and Dell Storage Arrays, fiber channel zoning, and general storage management.Experience in setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Clustering.The applicant will be expected to maintain all security and critical patches on all network systems such as, blade firmware, switch firmware, firewall firmware, and Microsoft security / critical updates via WSUS.
This position will be responsible for providing administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for the Microsoft Windows environment, and related technologies.The applicant will support, document, test, and implement engineering solutions.Also, the applicant will ensure all data identified as critical is backed up daily/weekly/monthly.This will require a broad knowledge of enterprise computing and general networking competencies.Developing solutions will require applicants to have excellent scripting and automation skills to develop solutions for enterprise-specific solutions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and install new services when needed.
- Maintain all equipment through scheduled monitoring, patches, updates and upgrades.
- Assist installing, configuring, or reconfiguring proprietary and 3rd party software and hardware.
- Resolve incidents pertaining to operating systems, phone systems, servers, network devices, workstations, peripherals, company proprietary software.
- Perform Root Cause analysis of operating system, application, and hardware issues.Document findings in a clear and understandable manner with cause / effect / result / prevent perspectives.
- Provide Documentation of systems functionality. Explain systems capabilities and workflows.
- DR planning, and test functionality of IT products.
- Mentor and train other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have a high-degree of technical knowledge with various hardware and software.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Basic IT and Operating systems certification(s) preferred.
- At least 3 years as a Systems Administrator or similar position.
- Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2).
- Active Directory Administration and Management.
- Exchange 2010 and above Administration and Management.
- Group Policy Object Administration and Management.
- SQL Server 2008 / 2012 HA, Clustering.
- Experience in a hosting environment is a plus (IIS 7.5/8, Apache).
- Familiar with Linux OS (Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Network hardware (Cisco/Brocade/SonicWALL/F5).
- Experience with SAN/NAS and FC infrastructure.
- Avaya Aura Phone System knowledge a plus.
- Must be skilled at communicating, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective problem solving, with specific attention to detail.