Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements.
- Manage the payroll system and HR related items.
- Assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with tax returns and regulatory compliance computations.
- Performs any projects assigned by Management on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifies, reviews and implements process improvements.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems, completing audits and identifying trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3 years of related accounting experience including 1+ years supervising the work of others
- MUST possess excellent knowledge and hands on experience with A/P, A/R, Journal Entries, reconciling GL accounts, and Payroll processes and guidelines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced Excel)
- Knowledge of Peachtree/Sage 50 ERP and/or other mid to large-sized ERP accounting systems
- Must be highly organized, have superior attention to detail, and able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a leader