Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
Research, design, develop, and test software and web sites for Travel Industry specific applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis in an exciting and thriving team environment. Will be capable of working on projects involving application architecture, design input, site layout, user interface, database design, integrating systems with back end applications, and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s systems portfolio. The right individual for this role will be motivated, energetic, takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a variety of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate in setting organizational software, systems, and web application development strategy.
- Define web site architecture and overall site structure.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new software features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Participate in application development projects.
- Develop, code, test, debug, and document web applications using appropriate editors.
- Develop applications designed for client-side browsers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications and web sites.
- Work with database to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to software applications.
- Ensure security of all systems and related applications.
- Perform periodic web site and application audits.
- Monitor and report on application and systems traffic and performance.
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and issues in support of application development efforts.
- Will work in supporting travel industry specific programs and applications.
- Develop, program, and implement specific travel modules and booking engines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Higher education degree in a programming field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proven .NET experience as well as a solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- A solid understanding of application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
- Proficiency in developing software applications for mobile devices a plus (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Ability to work with travel related customer facing booking engines a plus.
- Experience in developing API and XML feeds into applications desired.
- Experience with JSON a plus.
- Knowledge and use of multi-threading methods a plus.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.