Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
Looking for an exceptional Senior Software Architect to help conceive, design, and drive the creation of sophisticated application content and solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. Will be capable of leading projects involving application architecture, design input, site layout, user interface, database design, and integrating systems with back end applications. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment while not being hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Talented hands on C # , SQL Server Design and T-SQL programmer, who can architect, design and implement software systems.
- Git , Design Patterns, experience with Continuous Integration, ASP.NET MVC or ASP.NET Core web applications.
- Translate business and user requirements into IT services and solutions requirements.
- Participate in setting organizational software, systems, and web application development strategy
- Coordinate strategies with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Develop life cycle plan for IT services and solutions.
- Develop IT deployment and delivery strategy.
- Define deployment and delivery process, procedures, and tools standards.
- Select deployment and delivery methodologies and tools.
- Understand and coordinate release design and acceptance.
- Plan release rollout.
- Will interact with multiple development and business teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Will be modularizing projects into common code deployments to assign to offshore, third-party, or external development teams.
- Will drive technical documentation and versioning control with development teams.
- Will coordinate projects with business users, IT development staff, IT QA staff, and Infrastructure teams.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new software features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Solid understanding of Application Architectures, Software Design, Database Design and Object Oriented Development Methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in Microsoft .NET 4.x, C# and T-SQL (SQL Server) is an absolute must.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA) and good knowledge of Web Service APIs using SOAP and REST.
- Hands on experience in Software development life cycle, agile and scrum experience desired. Experience working with and leading project resources not under direct control (both external and internal, including offshore resources).
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple initiatives.
- Must be able to take high-level directives and lead the effort of developing start-to-finish project plans based on internal project management framework & lifecycle processes.
- Experience gathering technical requirements and change management.
- Experience in leading the delivery of products from design & development teams to internal or external production teams.
- Project management experience with the ability to lead people is an added plus.
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional projects concurrently.
- Prior experience as a hands-on software developer.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.