Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The Travel Business Development Manager is a hands-on, technology driven product manager for the company’s leisure travel products, and owns direct P&L responsibility, product packaging and pricing, supplier relationships, product delivery, and the underlying technology needed to realize a successful product lifecycle. The successful candidate will have a unique blend of leisure travel industry experience, a solid technology background, and an acute sense of market factors in a high volume, low margin environment where efficiency and effectiveness determines profitability.
The successful candidate leverages their professional experience by monitoring current product performance, optimizing product pricing, positioning and packaging, identifying tactical and strategic partnerships, recommending technology upgrades to the product delivery system, and keeping ahead of technology and industry trends. This is a high visibility position that requires excellent attention to detail, superior communication skills, business acumen, the ability to leverage technology, and solid decision making ability. Experience with internet marketing is a plus.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitors websites and product delivery channels for utilization, performance, use patterns and trends.
- Identifies needed technology upgrades and enhancements to ensure maximum product utilization and a positive customer experience.
- Specifies the systems, interfaces, and infrastructure necessary to achieve product delivery.
- Collaborates with the Sales and Marketing teams to define new products.
- Collaborates with the Creative team to message and position products.
- Collaborates across multiple departments to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Identifies supplier sources and negotiates terms favorable to the company.
- Determines product pricing and establishes profit thresholds.
- Bundles multiple supplier offerings into unique and profitable private-labeled products.
- Works across teams while singularly managing the product definition, product development, product launch, and product enhancements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum ten years of combined experience in leisure travel products and online product delivery. Preference for those with experience in Information Technology and product management in the travel or hotel industry.
- Excellent judgment in making solid business decisions and proper business acumen.
- Possesses refined analytical skills in spotting trends and identifying anomalies.
- Excellent management skills in task prioritization, upstream and downstream communication.