Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
Looking for an exceptional Project Manager of Software Development to manage and drive sophisticated application development and solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong project management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current project management methodologies.The Project Manage of Software Development will be capable of taking business needs and translating them into documentation that can be easily and accurately used to develop timelines and proper solutions by programming staff. This candidate should have a good understanding of application architecture, site layout, user interface design and acceptable performance standards. The candidate must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment while being hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The right candidate will interact with multiple development and business teams to define and deliver complex solutions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate in setting organizational and application development strategy.
- Translate business and user requirements into technical specifications.
- Coordinate strategies with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment.
- Document use cases, release notes and decisions as they are made.
- Understand and coordinate release design and acceptance.
- Drive technical documentation and versioning control.
- Coordinate projects with business users, development staff, QA staff and Infrastructure teams.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new software features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst and 4 years as a Project Manager in a software development environment.
- Experience managing software project using TFS is required.
- Experience working with and leading project resources not under direct control (both external and internal, including offshore resources).
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple initiatives.
- Must be able to take high-level directives and lead the effort of developing start-to-finish project plans based on internal project management framework & lifecycle processes.
- Experience gathering technical requirements and change management.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong project management experience and skill set inclusive of managing; scope, scheduling, risk, issue, change, communication, performance and quality.
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional projects concurrently.
- Ability to drive people as project manager.
- Advanced level abilities with Microsoft Office and JIRA a plus.
- PMP certification desired.
- Prior experience as a hands-on software developer a plus.
- A solid understanding of application development processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.