Holiday Systems International (HSI) is a technology company, a travel aggregator
and a private client service company providing a wide variety of exclusive benefits
to a niche market of select international clientele. Founded in 1993, HSI is a fast-paced
rapidly growing industry leader.
The IT Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for software and web site testing efforts by analyzing business requirements, preparing and writing test cases, and executing tests. A key responsibility will be working with programmers, business users, and graphics department to validate web site design, functionality, and user interface. Depending on the nature of the project the QA Analyst may also undertake a combination of project management, technical writing, note taking, and testing tasks as well as other duties assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contributes to the improvement of business processes within the technology and business organizations.
- Engages in general user acceptance testing and defect management, and may contribute to, or author, more advanced testing artifacts.
- Works closely with the development team to assist in tracking bugs through their life-cycle, communicating them to the appropriate parties for fixes, and provide feedback for bugs not resolved.
- Continually improves quality assurance processes to ensure a high level of software quality.
- Assist in answering and logging of helpdesk calls and programming requests.
- Ability to validate functional specifications as written for the product and enter discrepancies between the specifications and the application
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing Web pages to ensure site accuracy and currency.
- Monitors and reports on Web site traffic and performance.
- Conducts research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
- Contributes to project planning; including scoping, estimation, resource planning, and management of project deliverables.
- Develops a basic awareness and understanding of HSI’s technologies, products and services, and business drivers.
- Accountable for compliance with agreed policies, standards and procedures.
- Acts as a meeting coordinator, takes notes, and drives actionable tasks and projects to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in software Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of web/internet technologies preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, delivery oriented environment.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge in value stream mapping, project Gantt charting, and process mapping is highly desired.
- Experience and proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint preferred.
- Efficient note-taking, documenting, and typing skills required.
- Be able to independently research issues using existing documentation (specifications and user manual).
- Basic understanding of Web based programming language may be helpful, but not required.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail/strategy and creative problem solving skills.
- The ability to work on multiple projects and set priorities.
- Knowledge specific to travel industry business and systems desired.
- Some Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.